What will I learn?
The course consists of 3 modules: Qigong Essentials, The Breath as a Bridge, and Stillness and Movement.
- The principles and essential ingredients of Qigong
- The major philosophical, spiritual and medical influences on modern practice
- An understanding of the anatomy of the energy body
- The experience and practice of mindfulness
- What makes an effective teacher
- Health and safety principles in the teaching of Qigong
- How to prepare a scheme of work and session plans
- Shibashi Qigong Set One
- The 8 Strands of the Brocade
- Strength and flexibility for Qigong
In The Breath as a Bridge you will learn:
- The Nine Forms of Pre Heaven Qigong
- More about the principles of Qigong for health and Medical Qigong
- The connection to specific energy gates and channels
- The role of the breath in Qigong
- The teaching of relaxation, visualisation and meditation
- The ‘Gong’ of marketing
- The principles and perception of Qi Fields and how we manifest our intention
- More about the art of teaching — an appreciation of learning and teaching styles and how they can inform your teaching
In Stillness and Movement you will learn:
- Shibashi Qigong Set 2
- More about the practice of the Nine Forms
- The practice and principles of meditation
- More on the teaching of relaxation, visualisation and meditation
- Particular techniques for holding the Qi field during meditation
- Particular methods for teaching movement
- The importance of ethics and professionalism in teaching
- Ideas and tools for marketing your work
- About the benefits of Qigong from a modern medical perspective
How to apply
Please send us an application form and you will be contacted for an informal discussion with one of the teachers during which we will discuss your experience of Qigong or related practice.
The course is open to practitioners of Qigong, existing Tai Chi/Qigong teachers from all traditions and graduates of Shiatsu and related disciplines, who have a personal Qigong practice. No specific academic qualifications are required for this course, however a commitment to practice and reflection on your own educational and learning experience is important.
Do I need a qualification in anatomy?
What happens after graduation?
Our Qigong Teaching Certificate enables you to gain insurance to teach Qigong with ‘Balens’. At the present time, there is no nationwide Qigong professional body for us to affiliate to, which focuses on Spiritual/Medical Qigong and shares our ethical values.
We will keep all of our graduates informed about any developments concerning the creation of a UK organisation via our website.
We offer you free advertising of your website, social media sites and contact details for your classes on our website. We hope you will stay in touch and meet ex-students from other locations via our retreats and workshops for your continuing professional development.
The fee for the Bristol and London weekend Teacher Training programme is £3350. The required deposit is £350, you can then spread your payments in 15 monthly installments of £200.
The non-returnable deposit (unless the course is cancelled) of £350 secures a place on the course. The fees can then be paid in monthly instalments
Fees include tuition fees, online resources, including the online anatomy course, all course materials and assessment. Fees do not include books, insurance or accommodation.
The government-recognised teaching qualification, the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, incurs extra costs: fees are £485 to include Laser Learning Awards accreditation fee. A deposit of £100 is required to secure your registration on this additional course.
FIND OUT MORE
You can Contact Us for more information. Click here or on the image below to download a Prospectus and/or Application Form:
"The Qigong Teacher Training was much more than just a course- it was an important part of our life’s journey. Thank you!"
- Andrea, graduate 2016